The famous swimmers from Biarritz
Biarritz, St Jean de Luz and Hondarribia all in one day
Did you know
. . . the famous town of Biarritz was once the summer residence of the French empress?
. . . the medieval town of St. Jean de Luz hold in 1660 the most important wedding of their time?
. . . the fisher town of Hondarribia contains the castle where the Holy Roman emperor Charles V used to rest before crossing the border?
Once I understood the great historical connexion that these 3 towns represented, I decided to link them on a unique trip that not only counts with great architecture and history though also with one of the best sightseeing of the region. The nature along the Basque coast is just amazing, always with the blue ocean and the green mountains around us.
And let me tell you something else: we will be in 2 different countries while we are in the same region and we could study and appreciate how different can be Basque from one side to the other.
Join me on this fascinating trip, and tell me at the end which is your favourite town and your favourite Basque side: French or Spanish?
- Pick up at San Sebastian and scenic drive to Biarritz
- Sightseeing Stop at Biarritz and its fabulous coastline, there main beaches and The "Rocher de la Vierge".
- Visit to Saint Jean de Luz , its amazing medieval houses, its unique church and the beaches.
- Visit Hondarribi: the Carlos V palace, the marina area and its wall.
- Lunch based on Pintxos in Hondarribia.
- Drop off at San Sebastian
The itinerary can be adapted to traveller's interests: do not hesitate to contact me for a customized experience.
Meeting Point & Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Your Hotel
Duration: 8 hours
The tour could be customised according with your availability and suggestions.
Transport on a fully equipped air-conditioned van with capacity for 8 people.
*Extra cost in case the meeting location is out of San Sebastian (please, contact me prior booking).
Estimated Local Cash Needed
20 EUR - Cash money required for the meal
- Guiding Services.
- Private Transportation.
- Personal Expenses.
- Foods and Drinks.
- Extra cost in case the meeting location is out of San Sebastian (please, contact me prior booking).