San Sebastian: highlights and local food tour
Enjoy the best views and live a "pintxo gourmet experience"
If you are interested in culture and history, in understanding how San Sebastian changed through the years from one of the most impregnable fortress of Europe to the appealing tourist resort and gastronomical hub that became now a days, I'll take you on a fascinating historical journey around the new and old city, describing clearly the primary points of interest.
In the second part of the tour I'll take you to the more traditional "pintxo" bars to taste this traditional Basque food.
Pintxo (meaning toothpick in Basque) is like a religion for us, we meet in bars to eat these delicious snacks while drinking a cup of tasty wine. Is part of my social life so you are in good hands in choosing the most authentic and best ones!
San Sebastian's old town has the biggest amount of bars per square meter in Spain and has become the world's capital for pintxos, which makes the pintxo-tour a must in your visit.
Join me in this experience and then you'll tell me which one you enjoyed the most!
- Visit the Romantic area (Guipuzcoa Sq. , Maria Cristina Hotel and Okendo Sq. )
- Stop at Kursaal palace and Zurriola beach.
- Cross by Maria Cristina Bridge and go inside Tabakalera modern art center
- Go inside the Cathedral.
- Take photos at la Concha Beach
- Walking through old town
In the old town we'll have a few pintxos and drinks (around 6) . Every pintxo will be eaten in a different bar, so we are going to visit different streets, specially the main ones.
- I remain available to customise the itinerary according to travellers interests.
- The itinerary can be done by bicycle, walking up for better view or by taxi. If you are interested on using bicycle or taxi please ask for quoting also this options.
Meeting Point & Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Your Hotel
Duration: 4 hours
The tour could be customised according with your availability and suggestions.
we will get around walking.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
30 EUR - Pintxos and drinks
(Average price per pintxo+drink (wine, beer, cider, ...) is 5€. If you take 6, that would be 30€/person).
- Guiding Services.
- Personal Expenses.
- Food and drinks.
- Extra cost in case the meeting location is out of San Sebastian (please, contact me prior booking).