One full day in Rioja
Visit Laguardia medieval town and 2 wineries with tasting included!
Did you know. . .
. . . Spain is the 3rd biggest wine producer of the world and the 1st in quantity exported abroad?
. . . Every single Spanish region is a wine producer, making Spain the country with more vineyards worldwide?
. . . Rioja is the most famous Spanish wine appellation, being part of its vineyards in the Basque Country?
If you are a wine lover, and you are thinking of visiting the Basque country, this could be a great opportunity to organise a visit to Rioja wine region.
Romans brought wine to this region more than 2. 000 years ago, afterwards Rioja became a border region between 3 powerful kingdoms: Navarra, Castilla and Aragon. All of them used to fight for these lands and some of the old castles and fortresses have survived to the present day.
Let's enjoy a fascinating wine trip among beautiful vineyards and mountains, surrounded by lands where the time looks like if it had stopped in the Middle Ages. Come over: me and tasty wines are waiting for you to enjoy a yummy experience!
- Picking up at San Sebastian, Bilbao, or Vitoria, also Logroño could be possible.
- Drive to La Rioja Alavesa, 2 hours from San Sebastian.
- Visit 2 wineries: In Basque Rioja there are 14 towns with 300 different wineries. I have chosen 2 of them that in my opinion are among the best.
- Have lunch in Laguardia.
- Visit Laguardia. This medieval town is considered one of the most beautiful towns of Spain. It still conserves the defensive walls that once protected their inhabitants.
- Quick visit to Marques de Riscal Hotel made by Frank Gehry.
- 2 hours drive come back.
The itinerary can be adapted to traveller's interests: do not hesitate to contact me for a customised experience.
Meeting Point & Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Your Hotel
Duration: 9 hours
The tour could be customised according with your availability and suggestions.
Transport on a fully equipped air-conditioned van with capacity for 8 people.
*Extra cost in case the meeting location is out of San Sebastian (please, contact me prior booking).
Estimated Local Cash Needed
20 EUR - Cash money required for the meal
- Guiding Services.
- Private Transportation.
- Admission Tickets.
- Personal Expenses.
- Foods and Drinks.
- Extra cost in case the meeting location is out of San Sebastian (please, contact me prior booking).