San Sebastian City Walking Tour
1000 years of history in a 2 hours walk
Did you know S. Sebastian
. . . was a defensive city surrounded for such a big walls that nobody could conquer it until XVIII century?
. . . used to be the Capital of Spain during summer months in XIX and XX century?
. . . and has the bigger amount of Michelin stars per inhabitant in the world?
Join me in this tour and let's discover together all the secrets of the city. Besides the fact I am a native (so a real local), I travelled the world for a while and even after that I chose S. Sebastian to settle down: I am passionate about this city so rich in history, nature, gastronomy and social life. A magical combo I want to show you!
If you are interested in culture and history, in understanding how S. Sebastian changed through the years from one of the most impregnables fortress of Europe to the tourist resort and gastronomical hub that became now a days, I'll take you on a fascinating historical journey around the new and old city, describing the main sights and advising you on the best pintxos to try!
- Visit the Romantic area (Guipuzcoa Sq. , Maria Cristina Hotel and Okendo Sq. )
- Stop at Kursaal palace and Zurriola beach.
- Cross by Maria Cristina Bridge and go inside Tabakalera modern art center.
- Go inside the Good Shepherd Cathedral.
- Take photos at the impressive la Concha Beach
- Walking through old town where I will suggest a few Pintxo bars that I consider the most authentic ones.
- I remain available to customise the itinerary according to travellers interests.
Meeting Point & Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: your hotel
Duration: 2 hours
The tour could be customised according with your availability and suggestions.
Estimated Local Cash Needed
5 eur - If you feel like we could stop by one of the famous pintxo bars in Old town and taste a delicious pintxo (meaning toothpick in Basque). These fascinating snacks are everywhere in San Sebastián becoming one of the main gastronomical attractions of the city.
- Guiding Services.
- Personal Expenses.
- Food and drinks.
Other: - Extra cost in case the meeting location is out of San Sebastian (please, contact me prior booking).