San Sebastian Wine & Cider
A cultural journey of contrasts tasting the 2 most famous Basque drinks and experiencing inland and coast land
If you want to taste the original Basque flavours this is your tour.
Join me in a gastronomical and cultural tour that will bring you to an authentic Basque Country, the one that locals enjoy while gathering with friends.
"Txakoli" is how we call the white wine made with the grapes from the vineyards located in the Basque coast. Let's taste it not only in one of the famous wineries where it is produced though also in Getaria, the picturesque fishermen town, where Txakoli is more than a tradition.
"Sagardo'' is how we call the Basque cider. Forget about sweet ciders, this is Natura cider, which has a unique acidulated flavor. Let's visit the capital of the European Cider: Astigarraga, a small town in the countryside with more than 20 cider houses. Here, we'll feel Basques for a few hours, taking the cider directly from the huge Barrels with our big glass, eating a God's menu and having fun like kids.
Afterwards you can tell me which one is your favorite: Txakoli or Sagardo. . . Coast or Countryside
- After meeting we will drive to Getaria, the capital of Txakoli, 30 min away from San Sebastian.
- We'll do a guided visit to a winery with a tasting at the end combined with some typical products to eat.
- We will stop by Getaria for a little walk through its beautiful streets and church.
- This will be also time for tasting again the Txaloli combined with some delicious snack.
- Now it will be time to head to Astigarraga, 30 mins away from Getaria.
- We will visit the Cider House where will have the typical Basque menu based on: Cod's omelette, Cod with green peppers and oignon, T-bone steak and cheese with nuts.
ah! I almost forget one more thing, there is no limits for cider, the price covers as much as you can drink ''
Meeting Point & Tour Duration
Meeting Point Options: Your Hotel
Duration: 7 hours
The tour could be customised according with your availability and suggestions.
Could be in the morning from 10h30 to 17h30 or in the evening from 15h30 to 22h30.
Transport on a fully equipped air-conditioned rented car or van depending on the number of people.
Estimated local cash needed
No cash is needed for this tour
- Guiding Services.
- Private Transportation.
- Food, drinks and snacks.
- Admission Tickets
- Personal Expenses.
- If you want to buy some bottle of wine or cider after tasting them, it would be possible.
- Extra cost in case the meeting location is out of San Sebastian (please, contact me prior booking).